Revoking Power of Attorney - Felinton Elder Law & Estate Planning Centers

How Can My Mother Revoke Power of Attorney From My Sister?

My sister holds the power of attorney (POA) for our mother, but I think she is stealing from my mother. How do I go about getting the POA transferred to me? What documents do I need? 

If your mother is still legally competent, she can revoke her existing durable power of attorney and execute a new one naming you or someone else as her new agent. If she does not have legal capacity, you will have to go to court to have a conservator or guardian appointed, who could then revoke the existing power of attorney.

For more on the power of attorney, click here.

For an article on revoking a power of attorney, click here.

For more on guardianship and conservatorship, click here.